Cheap Flights to Djibouti

Djibouti is a mix of African and Arabic influences.

Book cheap flights to Djibouti by selecting an airport destination in Djibouti below. Compare flights to Djibouti from over a hundred airlines worldwide and book online with us today.

Djibouti, officially the Republic of Djibouti, is a country in a region known as the ‘Horn of Africa’ that shares borders with Eritrea in the north, Somalia in the south-east and Ethiopia in the west. It has coasts on the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden in the East. It is a geographically small country in comparison to its neighbours and has a population of around 800,000 people, the majority of whom (94%) practice Islam, with the remaining 6% observing Christianity. Djibouti gained independence from France in 1977 and joined the United Nations as an independent sovereign state. It has retained some political ties with France and continues to receive economic and military assistance.

Tourist attractions include the Khor Ambado Beach, located in the Tadjoura Bay, which is an ideal environment for swimming and snorkelling and a chance to escape the heat. Another attraction is the Grande Pecherie, an authentic market in Djibouti City. Place Menelik in the capital is also an excellent and longstanding tourist attraction and hub of the city. Official languages in the country include Arabic and French although minority African languages are still in use in some regions of the country. The most significant airport is the Djibouti-Ambouli International, which is a joint civilian, and military airport located in Djibouti city. The economy of the country is largely based around its natural resources.